Explore the leisurely, peaceful, and meditative Art of Tea. In these events, you will learn the significance and function of tea ceremonies as social events that bring people together and feel special and uplifted.
You will learn to identify various teas types, ranging from green, red, and black teas. Learn how to use the Xising clay pots and the Gaiwan cup.
You will also learn technical and ceremonial protocols, such as the tea table’s appropriate setting, how the use implements, and how to use lighting to create a positive feeling and placement for a proper tearoom experience.
Hands-on training on tea preparation basics, making tea-infused foods will be discussed in a leisurely atmosphere.
If you seek something peaceful or to share a meaningful moment with someone special, this is the experience for you.
One of the ways we love to show our love and appreciation for others and ourselves is through the sharing of tea. We will be beginning our 5 part “Art of Tea” class, which will take place over several sessions so that you have plenty of time to digest and practice what you have learned. You will learn about:
- Level 1 – Teapots, tea accessories & the tea table.
- Level 2 – The different types of tea & how to look for quality tea
- Level 3 – How to use teapots & tea for the taste and the highest experience
- Level 4 – How to steep the tea properly and how to present it to optimize the experience.
- Level 5 – Putting it all together and in a Tea Ceremony.
5 Element Tea
*Prerequisite: Subscribers Only. Must have taken the online 5-level Tea course*
Taoist Tea Ceremony
Snake 8-Trigram Tea
*Prerequisite: Subscribers Only. Must have taken the online 5-Level Tea course*